Setting up new sites with Ripple 2 is made easy with our CLI tool and provisioning process. Before you do so though please ensure you have got in touch with the SDP engagement manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior and have submitted a support request to the Digital Victoria Help Centre https://digital-vic.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals
When onboarding a new project to SDP the following will be provisioned for you:
- Git repo created
- Required platform files added to repo, required Dockerfile, etc
- Bay hosting environment configured
- Section.io CDN setup and configured
- Environment variables set to your project specific requirements
Please make sure you have the following dependencies installed before proceeding. Typically local development is not performed through a docker container on the front end.
- Node version 16.11.0 or greater (We recommend installing Node through Node Version Manager - See https://github.com/nvm-sh/nvm for install guide)
- NPM version 8.1.0 or greater
Please see the
engines key in
package.json for most accurate versions.
For SDP sites, this will also be applied. However, if you wish to create a local install of Ripple outside of a project see below.
Installing Ripple is easy with the included CLI tool:
npx @dpc-sdp/nuxt-ripple-cli init site ~/path/to/site --name "My Site"
This will copy the required files needed to setup your site into
cd ~/path/to/site && npm install
This will install all dependencies with NPM, you can then run the development server with
npm run dev